Monday, May 10, 2010

Love Me Do: Mary and Danny

On the weekend Samuel and I travelled up north to Yorkshire to visit Samuel's family. I decided it would also be a perfect opportunity to annoy some of his family with photo shoots! I was lucky enough to be able to do two couples shoots over the weekend and these were the first I have done. It was great fun learning how to capture the dynamic between two people in love and capturing those natural moments and hopefully it comes across in the images.

Danny and Mary (Samuel's sister) are just 17 so this shoot was definitely about young love. Love blossomed between Danny and Mary while playing table tennis; both of them have played since they were very young and they have been doubles partners on several occasions.  

There are so many stunning places around the village where Samuel is from; I have to admit I got quite excited every time I found a fun stop to do some pictures. I absolutely love taking pictures; I love looking for inspiration around me and capturing people's expressions, it has become a real passion of mine. As this was my first couples shoot I realized how much I enjoy capturing the interaction between two people; the little intimate moments, the smiles, and the laughter. I hope I get the opportunity to do many more and I will definitely keep posting them as I go. If you fancy a shoot let me know!

I have to say a big thank you to Mary and Danny for putting up with me not just during our shoot but all the time!

My second shoot was with Joshua and Hannah, a newly in love couple and I will be posting that soon so keep a look out.

P.S. I am really pleased to have figured out how to have images side by side; well if I'm honest it was Samuel who figured it out but as we're married I can take the credit...

So I thought I would start with one of my favourites from the day...


These next few shots were taken near a reservoir nearby to their house.






Then I whipped out my massive zoom lens and had them climb up this hill! As you can see it was quite an overcast and dull day.



Then we met up with Rhoda, the family greyhound!











Then I wanted to get some lovely simple close ups of them both.




Love this one!




I love how angelic Mary looks here.


And how naughty she looks here...





Mary had some great boots on, they went so well with the location.


Mary giving us a great pose!



Love these two!








Thanks for reading and feel free to leave a comment below!
xx

8 comments:

Samuel said...

Your best work so far. I love it x

Steph said...

Fab set of pics!!! Beautiful!

Anna said...

Totally agree with Samuel and I absolutely love them all. Amazing D. Especially love the one on top of the hill, number p892608035.jpg of them on the road with the hills behind, her boots off course and the first one of them on the gate. The close ups are great and with the angelic and naughty super ones!

Anonymous said...

Really lovely pictures! Can definately c how good u r getting. Would still love to do a shoot with u. If u r still up for it inbox me some dates that u r free after placement and we can sort something out :). Nicola xxx

Anonymous said...

The photos are really great. You can see the fantastic progress you are making with each shoot. Keep it up sweetheart. Love you. Mumxxx

Dominique said...

thanks everyone for your lovely comments, means so much to me!! keep reading! xxx

Anonymous said...

Wow! These are so good dominique! you should come down to brighton, plenty of good photo ops! hopefully see you both soon, its been way to long!! Jo xx

Acey said...

beautiful photos with nice choice of locations. both this one and the one after it.