Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Sunny Shoot in Epping Forest

Firstly, I have done some changes to my good old blog; the pictures are now quite massive! So feel free to take a look around at some of the old pics which are much bigger now.

On Sunday I met up with my cousin's wife Sophie (she informs me that as they are now married she is officially my cousin) for a photo session! Sophie is an aspiring photographer as well and was keen to both practice together and I was more than happy to do so. Sophie also wanted some photos of her for her new website and in particular she wanted some photos with her camera in the frame!

We were blessed with the weather on Sunday; the sun was shining and it was blissfully warm. Sophie is a really outgoing, bubbly and fun girl and so this shoot was a bit different to the one I did with Damien; we wanted it to be fun, easy going and playful, and so we tried ever so hard to channel this with our poses, props and photos.

After learning about light on my photography course, I am always on the look out for open shade and gorgeous back light. Sophie did make fun of me as I was constantly looking for this beautiful back light coming through the trees! I have learned that when photographing people you always need to lose the top light to avoid shadows and contrast on the face and back light is the most stunning light which leaves a lovely rim effect, almost like a glow on your subject, I hope so anyway!

Sophie was an absolute pleasure to be around and so natural and creative with her poses! I loved being in her company for the day and can't wait for our next shoot!

After my photoshop course I finally know how to make the black and whites I really like. I have worked quite hard to figure out how to get a look that I like, so hopefully you like them too. You would be amazed at how different black and white images can look, as it very much depends on how different photographers want them to look.

Here is the lovely Sophie.






So here are the photos of Sophie and her camera, especially for her website! It was hard to think of poses which involved a camera.






I really like this next series, so much so that I included one of the photos in both colour and black and white because I couldn't decide!


I love the playful feel of these.




This next shot is one my favourite shots of the day. 




I love Sophie's beautiful ring and scarf. They look extra nice next to her camera!







For the next few shots we found the most beautiful stream of light coming through the trees which gave an almost misty, romantic feel. Shame we didn't have our husbands with us!



Love these next two.





As this blog is also about my love of food and cooking, I thought I would incorporate one of my old recipe books. I love collecting recipe books, particularly old ones as I can never have too many recipes to try. I saw this light on our way back to the car and knew we had to get some shots here.




Sophie's beautiful engagement and wedding rings.





Thanks for reading and if you fancy you can leave a comment by clicking on the comments link below.
xx

4 comments:

Anna said...

Looks like you guys had fun!
I love image: p43921397.jpg. It's so spontaneous and doesn't feel posed. Like your red/brown tone in some of your b/w images and the crisp b/w in others.
It is so nice to see you grow in your pictures. Keep posting!

Very curious to see her pictures of you. Link?
No recipe?

Mum said...

Really fantastic photos. You are coming along in leaps and bounds and am sure Sophie will be really happy with them. Lots of lovexxx

Anonymous said...

The photos are really excellent. Love the way you have captured the light. Looks as though you had lots of fun. Can't wait to see Soph's pics of you.
xxxx Mal xxxx

Anonymous said...

The pictures look amazing! Looks like you had lots of fun, i'm glad you are enjoying it and getting better and better with every shoot! :) Nicola xxxx