Saturday, April 3, 2010

A Model Husband

One of the perks of being married is your other half is obligated to support your hobbies and in my case I take full advantage. I wouldn't say that Samuel likes posing for me but being the loving and supporting husband he is, he does so without complaining. Yesterday afternoon we went into the garden so I could practice some portrait photos. I happen to think my husband looks rather snazzy. Samuel has asked me to inform my readers that all of the poses below were directed by me and he takes no responsibility....I take it as a good sign in our relationship that I still like eyeing up my husband! Random fact: these are my Dad's sunglasses...







I don't think Samuel was intentionally channelling The Terminator here...I blame my Dad's glasses.



Samuel says he looks a bit odd here but I have to say this is one of my favourites. 




Yes Samuel does happen to sit like this everyday...







So I must say a big thank you to my gorgeous husband who supports me in every way imaginable and encourages me to pursue my dreams. I couldn't ask for anything more in a partner and I feel lucky to share my life with him.

As I'm at home with my parents, here is my Mum's recipe for potato salad. We make it with light mayonnaise to maintain the waistline, but of course it would be that much better with the full fat stuff. We also cook the bacon in the oven to crisp it up, as opposed to frying it in oil.

Mum's Potato Salad
Serves 6

1kg peeled potatoes (maris piper would be a good choice) cut into big chunks
5 rashers of smoky bacon
3 big pickled cucumbers from a jar (if your using little ones I would probably triple) finely chopped
1 medium red onion or 2 small ones finely chopped
125ml or 1/4 cup of light Hellman's mayonnaise (you could use more or less according to taste)
Sea salt 
Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius

1. Boil your chunks of potatoes in boiling salted water until cooked but with a bit of bite- approximately 5-7 minutes, but keep an eye on them so they don't turn to mush.
2. Lay the bacon on a baking sheet and cook in the oven at 200 degrees celsius until crispy.
3. Drain the potatoes and allow to cool. Then add the chopped bacon, chopped pickles, chopped onion and mayo. Mix together and add sea salt too taste. Adjust mayo as necessary.

Enjoy! This goes well with hot or cold meat dishes or as part of a salad selection.

Feel free to leave a comment and I hope you enjoy the pictures! I am off on my photography courses next week so wish me luck!
xxx

2 comments:

Samuel said...

Good blog. I might put them in my portfolio and try modelling!!

genieva said...

Awesome! you deserved to each other...